Road vs Air Transport
Woofers Pet Transport operates as a large road based pet transport servicing throughout VIC, NSW, QLD and SA .
We believe that in most instances transporting your Pet by Road is a less stressful option than Air Travel and to most destinations, especially for larger pets, it can be significantly cheaper.
1. Our Road Transport service covers many towns not serviced by the airlines, saving hours of travel to deliver or collect your pet.
2. Even if you live close to a major city, Road transport can still often save you many hours of travel to and from the airport.
3. Via Road we can move Large dogs that the Airlines will sometimes not accept due to limitations at some airports.
4. Too many locations Road Transport can be substantially cheaper than air travel.
5. Road Transport does not require that you buy or hire a crate for travel, cages are built into our vehicles and floats.
6. Our own drivers are with, and responsible for, your pet for the whole journey.
7. Road Transport will take longer but we are able to check on and care for your pet during the journey.
8. Your pet is not subjected to the strange and stressful surroundings of the warehouse and airport.
9. Your pet is not subjected to unusually high noise (volume and pitch) as a of result being loaded and unloaded close to jet engines.
10. Most pets are used to travelling by car and are very relaxed travelling in our vehicles and floats.
11. Dogs are routinely walked and toileted during the trip and always have water available.
12. Road transport alongside other animals can be a positive social experience for your dog.
1. Avoid sending young Puppies and Kittens on Journeys requiring multiple flights unless your organising Pet Transport Agent will be in a position to board, feed and care for your pet if a connecting flight is missed.
2. When calculating the length of time of a flight, allow for the travel to the airport, pre departure time (usually 2 hours) unloading time and travel to the final destination. A short flight of just 1 hour may require your pet to be crated for a minimum of 6 or more hours. This is significantly more for longer or adjoining flights. Consider using a Pet Freight Handling Agency with specialised services or a transit lounge if your pet needs to swap flights mid journey rather than booking directly with the airline.